Thursday, March 5, 2020

Grand View Farm - new pictures of house and historic marker

I finally got into the vault here at Town Hall this morning and lookie what I found!

A snapshot of the missing marker.


and a couple of pictures of the house in better days.





Regarding dates...

The black and white photos of the house, which are small, contact prints from negatives, were donated to the town's historic photo archive by town historian Allison Bennett.  I'm thinking she took the photos in the mid 1980s when she was writing articles for the Spotlight - see her book More Times Remembered.

The picture of the marker is part of a group of color snapshots of historic markers taken by town historian Joe Allgaier circa 1991.  Where this marker is now is a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. I love this home, my father and I wandered up to it several times for closer inspections. The features inside (that we could see) were fairly original looking, even in the basement. I'd live in it in a heartbeat! -Amy Bennett, Slingerlands

    ReplyDelete