Monday, December 23, 2019

Another Visit to the Albany Institute

This is a lazy post for the night before the night before Christmas (that is the evening of December 23!)

I wanted to share a couple of items from my recent visit to the Albany Institute while they were still fresh and had not been chased out by visions of sugar plums dancing in my head.  I specifically went to see The Schuyler Sisters and their Circle before it closes on the 29th.  And per usual with a visit to the Institute, I found some fun Bethlehem items. 


One item that caught my eye was this original journal from the 1800 U.S. Census for Albany County.  I have seen the digitized version and transcribed versions, but there is something cool about seeing the actual thing.  Wish I could have touched it!





The other interesting exhibit was the one on Walter Launt Palmer. His family had a summer place at Cedar Hill in Bethlehem.  Happily it was mentioned in the show.  Also I liked the landscape pictured here. It is called Autumn Skies and reminds me of the land around here - Five Rivers maybe?







The man himself, looking dapper, Walter Launt Palmer.

Hop on over to https://www.albanyinstitute.org/ for more info.


No comments:

Post a Comment