Monday, April 29, 2024

Her name is Mary!

 We are going to dive deep into the archives of this blog for today's post.  

I'm freshening up my walk at Bethlehem Cemetery and decided to include this row of tombstones. "The McHargs," I thought. "I know them!"

That is husband John Peter McHarg on the right and to his left is wife Catherine Campbell. To the left of Catherine are stones for three of their children, Andrew, Margaret and Elizabeth (l to r).  And I'm pretty sure the one laying down to the left is James.  James and Andrew were twins who died with days of each other, just shy of their first birth day.

The McHargs lived over on Feura Bush Road. Pop over to my 2016 blog post now to read more. Then come back.  I'll wait.


So today's research answered my question from 2016 - John Peter McHarg's mother's name is Mary McKie!  And I know that because someone has put a ton of information about the McHarg's up on Findagrave. It wasn't there 8 years ago, I swear!  

No comments:

Post a Comment